$13.00-20.00 per hour
401k, Paid time off, paid insurance premiums, advancement, paid professional development and more.
1. Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age.
3. Must have a valid CDL Driver's License with school bus endorsements.
4. Must pass an annual physical examination.
5. Must be able to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
6. Knowledgeable of minor maintenance on vehicles (buses/vans).
7. Must be or become knowledgeable of Special Education transportation procedures.
8. Must be able to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
9. Must have or obtain First Aid/CPR certification and a Navajo Nation food handler's permit.
10. Bilingual (Dine/English) preferred.
11. Must be able to meet minimum physical requirements.
12. Must have a valid driver's license with an insurable driving record.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complies with and supports all Shiprock Associated Schools, Inc. policies and procedures; includes guidelines related to COVID-19 and any unforeseen pandemic.
2. Integrates the School philosophy concepts within the area of work.
3. Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with Native American students and parents.
4. Makes a daily inspection of the school bus for any malfunction and safety. Also make sure oil changes and lubrication is done periodically.
5. Will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of all necessary transportation mileage, bus reports, bus maps, daily inspection reports, expenditure reports and daily reports of the number of students riding the bus.
6. Will report any misuse or damage to the bus or any needed repairs.
7. Will transport students to and from school daily and adhere to assigned bus routes and schedules.
8. Will enforce transportation policy on attendance.
9. Will maintain control of the students on the bus at all times and report any behavior incidents in writing to the supervisor.
10. Acts as a liaison with parents and community to explain school objectives and to solicit parental involvement.
11. Must be available on call for emergencies as required.
12. Will maintain and clean vehicle daily or as directed by supervisor.
13. Will abide by all State and tribal traffic laws.
14. Must maintain clean results of mandatory drug testing.
15. Responsible for attending all required trainings and association meetings or appoint a designated representative.
16. Responsible for professional growth through on-going program trainings, professional developments days, licenses, and/or advanced coursework at institutions of higher learning.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.