1. Must have a current Nurse License (RN) or able to acquire NM PED School Nurse License.
2. Bachelor of Science in nursing is preferred.
3. Associates in nursing or a related field are required.
4. A minimum of two years' experience in school nursing is required.
5. The ability to work in an environment with varying noise, temperature, and air quality levels is required.
6. Must be flexible and adapt to different work locations.
7. Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
8. Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
9. Must be knowledgeable of Federal, State, and Tribal school health regulations.
10. Must be able to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
11. Must have First Aid/CPR certification and a Navajo Nation food handler's permit.
12. Bilingual (Dine'/English) preferred.
13. Must be able to meet minimum physical requirements.
14. Must have a valid driver's license with an insurable driving record.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complies with and supports all Shiprock Associated Schools' policies and procedures; includes guidelines related to COVID-19 and any unforeseen pandemic.
2. Integrates the school philosophy and mission statement into the area of work.
3. Maintains accurate and current student health records.
4. Responds to medical emergencies as required.
5. Coordinates routine student exams.
6. Ensures all immunization records are current and evaluates records for new students.
7. Contacts parents/guardians in the event of student illness/medical emergency.
8. Administers prescribed medication as needed with parental authorization.
9. Secures and protects confidentiality of all school information.
10. Apply nursing theory as the basis for decision making in the school.
11. Participates with community and regional health care providers to promote health, safety, and wellness.
12. Distributes health alerts/information as necessary.
13. Performs personnel functions of supervising, training, delegation of duties, and staff development of staff regarding health.
14. Collets and reports data concerning student health status as requested.
15. Serves as a healthy role model for students, families, and staff.
16. Maintains supply inventory and keeps records of all distributions of supplies.
17. Participates and is available for home athletic events.
18. Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively and work with students, parents, staff, and community members.
19. Attends all staff meetings in assigned department.
20. Responsible for own professional growth through an on-going program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
401k, Paid time off, paid insurance premiums, advancement, paid professional development and more.