Mercy Regional Medical Center is seeking a Board Certified or Board Eligible Gastroenterologist. The right candidate will join an established practice supported by a full-service, acute care hospital. The practice has a good mix of patients with most subspecialties onsite. This unique employed opportunity offers the right person the ability to treat patients in a high quality, highly collaborative environment.
Current procedures and treatments include:
- Colonoscopy / colon cancer screening
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) Preferred
- Endoscopic mucosal resection of small tumors
- Esophageal dilation or dilation of strictures
- Esophageal pH exam
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- H. Pylori Breath Test
- Precancerous lesions of the GI tract
- Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy
- Upper Endoscopy (EGD, Gastroscopy)
Mercy Regional Medical Center focuses on professional excellence, patient relationships, treating the whole person, body, mind and spirit while embracing preventive medicine. With a welcoming atmosphere, patient-centered care philosophy and a commitment to be an integral part of our community; this opportunity allows the right physician a fully employed position that includes a competitive compensation package that rewards productivity, provides full health and retirement benefits, malpractice coverage and much more.
A few facts about Mercy and Durango:
Mercy Regional Medical Center:
- New, 82 bed (all private room) campus – Construction finished in 2006.
- Regional Referral center with large catchment area.
- Currently employ 15 practices in the following areas: hematology-oncology, radiation oncology, nephrology, pulmonology, cardiology (Interventional and general), primary care, hospitalist, intensivist, occupational medicine, gastroenterology, general surgery, urology, rheumatology, infectious disease and travel medicine.
- Durango is a flourishing mountain community that has been named “Best River Town” by Outside Magazine and has been named a “Best Place to Live” by Money Magazine, Outside Magazine, Bike Magazine and Ski Magazine. It has also been a Tree City USA for 32 years and is a League of American Bicyclists Gold Community.
- Regional airport with direct daily flights to major hubs (Denver, Phoenix, Dallas-Fort Worth).
- Excellent public, charter and private school options.
- 4 year state college in town with 4000 students.
- More restaurants per capita than San Francisco.
- Named a “Life is Better Here” town by Outside Magazine in 2013 (AGAIN).
Centura Health, Colorado's largest Health Care System which spans the state of Colorado with locations in growing, thriving communities and offers some of the most diverse and rewarding provider practice opportunities. This rare opportunity to live and practice in a thriving mountain community will provide both a professionally and personally rewarding career
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Location/Region: Durango, CO (81301)