Supervisor: Division Manager(s) Direct Interactions: Accountant(s), Human Resources, Project Manager(s), Estimator(s), Superintendent(s), Project Engineer(s), and Administrative Personnel
This position supervises all construction surveying activies for WCA Construction.
The Surveying Manager is responsible managing surveying staff and equipment for all WCA Construction projects.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: * Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites;
* Prepare or supervise preparation of all calculations, data sets, exhibits and other documents related to surveys;
* Record the results of construction (as-builts) such as final grades, underground utilities, pad certifications, pre-concrete forms, concrete slabs and constructed features;
* Develop field surveys into payment quanties for review by project managers and owners, working closely with superintendents to assure that interim surveys are done before subsequent work makes it impossible.
* Quarterly inventory surveys for aggregate pit stockpiles
* Establish precision survey control for use in vertical and horizontal layout;
* Manage and maintain multiple sets of GPS survey equipment for use of on site grade checkers.
* Ability to train and oversee multiple project grade checkers;
* Direct and supervise the activities of subordinates;
* Train assistants and other tradespersons in the principles of surveying, survey related; mathematics and other technical and professional skills, and direct work related to the same;
* Callibrate surveying instruments to maintain accuracy;
* Supports all Safety Initiatives on site;
* Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with estimating projects, submittals, project start-up and pre-task planning.
* Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Registration as a Professional Land Surveyor in Colorado or one of the other Four Corners States
2. Ability to operate a computer and computer software related to survey data collection including AutoCAD Civil 3D and Trimble business Center;
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
4. Solid and thorough understanding of arithmetic, algebra, and geometry;
5. Thorough understanding in reading, interpreting, and processing shop drawings, plans, specifications and other documents is required
6. Solid ability to read and understand plan sets, RFI's and plan set updates
7. Ability to be responsible for the health and safety of others by working safely
8. Ability to adhere to strict quality control measures
9. Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the survey field or engineering;
10. Ability to multi task, consistently meet deadlines, deliver on commitments, make decisions quickly;
11. Ability to lead a team, work as a team member, and also work alone;
12. High level of professionalism, ethics and integrity;
1.Salary D.O.E 2.Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance 3.
Aflac supplemental insurance 4. Paid Holidays
5. Paid Time Off (PTO)
6. 401K with employer matching contribution
HOW TO CONTACT: WCA Construction, LLC
PO Box 17, Towaoc, CO 81334 Phone: (970) 565-7430
Attn: Sarah Lenocker Email: email@example.com
Location/Region: Durango, CO (81301)